My name is Aiman Azlan.
Before 2011, I was practically unknown. I was playing around with blogging since 2006, trying to find my voice in writing. My audience at the time was few to none, thankfully. If I don't know what to write, then I shouldn't expect people to read. As modest as it was, that was the beginning of my journey.
During my quest to find my niche, on one fine day in March 2011, I decided to make my first Youtube video in a small one-bedroom apartment I was sharing at the time with three of my friends. I didn't think too much of it, until strangers on the internet started watching and sharing. Seeing its potential for doing some good, I decided to continue making Youtube videos. That's how I became a Youtuber.
What was once a simple attempt at trying a new thing became a career path, especially when people are inviting me outside of my small apartment and onto the center stage. From a handful of invitations to monthly invitations, that's how I became a public speaker.
By this time, I found my niche: the youth. People like me, who are trying to find their way in the world and trying to make sense of things.
Along this timeline, my author friend, Hilal Asyraf, persuaded me to write a book. So I did and now I have books published with my name on them (Hidup Penuh Erti and The Other Side of the Coin), something that I didn't think could happen in my lifetime. That's how I became a writer.
I have an aptitude for psychology (I graduated with a degree in the subject) and I like to address topics related to emotional, mental, and spiritual well being. Those topics are basically what you will read from me on this blog.
I am fortunate to be given the opportunity to travel all over Malaysia and beyond to speak to predominantly youth audience, speaking about various youth-related topics such as identity, love, family relationship, productivity, community, self-worth, social media, and many more.
I now reside in Perlis, Malaysia with my wife and son.
Full name: Muhammad Aiman bin Azlan
Date of birth: September 24th, 1990
Hometown: Kubang Kerian, Kelantan
Residence: Kangar, Perlis
Occupation: Youtuber, public speaker, and writer
Education: University of Toronto Mississauga, Canada (HBSc in Biology and Psychology), Class of 2013
Company: Aiman Azlan Academy (RA0038678-T)
- Social Media Influencer, managed by Gushcloud (2014 - present)
- 34,000+ subscribers on Youtube (www.youtube.com/aimanazlan90)
- 96,000+ likes on Facebook (www.facebook.com/aimanazlan90)
- 56,000+ followers on Twitter (www.twitter.com/aimanazlan90)
- 14,000+ followers on Instagram (www.instagram.com/aimanazlan90)
- “Ramadan, My Love” at Multimedia University, Cyberjaya
- “There is Something About Ramadan” at Taylor’s University College Sri Hartamas
- “Aduh, Jiwa Kacau!” at Kolej Mara Banting
- “Rising Up of the Teenage Muslims” at Sri Ayesha Islamic School, Bangi
- “Where Do I Fit?” at Projek Kalsom 17, organized by UKEC
- “Beetles and Roses” at Taylor’s University College Lakeside Campus (with Wardina Safiyyah)
- “How the Heck did I Get Here?” at IMPACT program, organized by UKEC
- “Bagaimana Untuk Dakwah?” at IKRAM Youth Johor
- “Exploring the Beauty of Ramadan” at IIUM Gombak
- “Barakah Ramadan” at Sri Ayesha Islamic School, Bangi
- “Insight ME” at IMU Bukit Jalil
- “Challenges Faced by Students in the Globalized World” at IPG Kota Bharu
- “Being an Excellent Me” at SMA Majlis Agama Wilayah Persekutuan
- “Hatiku Milik Siapa?” at SMK Sains Putra, Perlis
- “Cabaran, Remaja, dan Ramadhan” at UiTM Shah Alam
- “Rushing For The Biggest Night (Lailatul Qadar)” at UiTM Perlis
- “Play, Study, and Pray - Are Those Enough?” at UPM Serdang, organized by MedicMesir Mansoura
- “Love Nature” at i-FIKR Science and Technology Camp, organized by USIM (with Imam Muda Fakhrul)
- "Stand Out!" on livestream, organized by Malaysian Students Association of South Korea.
- “The Power of Youth” at University of Toronto, organized by Canadian Malay Association and Malaysian Students Association at U of T
- "Lu, Gua, Ukhuwwah Sampai Syurga Bro!" at IIUM Kuantan (with Ustaz Ahmad Dusuki)
- "Srikandi Millenia: Mencari Permata Berharga" at KUIS
- "Sahabat Sampai Syurga" at UM
- "Twins of Faith Annual Conference" (Emcee) at PICC, organized by Mercy Mission
- "Korban Tahun Baru: Di Manakah Kita?" at Bangi Gateway Shopping Complex (with Dato' Dr. Fadzilah Kamsah and Heliza Helmi)
- "iSlam Youth Conference" at Islamic Art Museum, KL, organized by Light Upon Light (with Harry Fear)
- "Kematian Semakin Menghampiri" at Perak Matriculation College, Gopeng
- "Down Under Camp" (Forum Moderator) at UKM, organized by MASCA
- "The Missing Piece" (Forum) at KYUEM (with Lim Jooi Soon and Dr. Hj. Mohd. Shafie Hj. Md. Amin)
- "Seminar Pengurusan Cinta" (Emcee and Forum Moderator), organized by Langit Ilahi
- "Setia Sampai Syurga" at UiTM Alor Gajah
- "Iqra': Permulaan Segala-galanya" at USM Penang
- "Aku Firsthand, Bukan Lagi Secondhand" (Forum) at UPM Serdang (with Yatt Hamzah, IM Nazrul, and Alham Raja Lawak)
- "Cinta Bukan Tuhan, Cinta Bukan Tujuan" (Forum) at UTM Skudai (with PU Rahmat Ikhsan)
- “Arkitek Dakwah – Kreatif Ada Motif” (Forum) at Universiti Malaya (with Ustazah Fatimah Syarha, Hilal Asyraf, and Heliza Helmi)
- “Cabaran Generasi Muda Islam Hari Ini” (Forum) at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia (with IM Asyraf)
- “Marriage: Before Saying I Do” at Brunei
- "Self-confidence for Dummies" by AMIR Korea, in Seoul, South Korea
- "Comeback After Every Setback: Allah Knows Best" by Safinah Institute, in Singapore
- "Social Media and Youth Engagement" by Razak School of Government, at Putrajaya
- "Maximizing Your Potential" by Persatuan Pelajar Muda Sydney, at Sydney
- Writes on own blog (www.aimanazlan.com)
- Published first book "Hidup Penuh Erti: Cerita Dari Hati" with Hilal Asyraf on February 2014 under PTS Publications.
- Published second book “The Other Side Of The Coin” with Ameen Misran on September 2014 under Puteh Press.
- Column writer for Majalah IMAN, Majalah JOM!, and Muslim Teens.