23 Blessings That I Am Grateful For
Sometimes it is good to stop, take step back and look at all the good things that we already have, and take the time to appreciate them. Some blessings are easy to be overlooked because we got used to them, and because of that, we tend to take them for granted.
Take some time off in our busy schedule, be alone for a while, and reflect on all the things we have. Know that even in the darkest of times, we can count of these blessings to brighten up our day.
Here is my list of 23 blessings that I am grateful for, in no particular order.
- I have a physical body that works well.
- I have food and water.
- I can pray, 5 times a day, without any difficulties.
- I have family and friends who care about me, and I care about them.
- I can read the Quran.
- I have people who watch me on Youtube.
- I am here in Canada to pursue my undergrad studies, on a scholarship.
- I am doing a degree about a subject that I am passionate about.
- I finished my degree.
- I can cook.
- I have a roof on top of my head.
- I have clothes.
- I have a phone.
- I have internet connection.
- I have health.
- I have time.
- I have energy.
- I have the ability to help other people.
- I can sleep safely at night.
- I can read, write, and count.
- I know how to ride a bicycle.
- I have clean air to breathe.
- I am a Muslim.
Of course, these are not the only blessings that I have. Even if I cut down all the trees on earth to make pencils, I can’t write down all the blessings that I have. Even if I use all the water on earth to make ink, I still can’t write down all the blessings that I have.
So I think 23 is enough for now, but why 23? Well, I will be 23 years old on September 24th. That’s why.
For my birthday, please make du’a for my parents because they did all the hard work. They deserve all the presents, not me. I just eat, cry, poop, and repeat, which is not a hard thing to do. May Allah reward them and I hope all their hard work pays off. Ameen.
All in all, Alhamdulillah.